Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hope


Can you see them? My Hostas are coming back! I am so ready for the sunshine and for all things green and garden-y. When I first walked by these plants yesterday, I almost didn't notice them budding. I have been looking for them to sprout up for weeks. I wondered if I had done a bad thing by cutting back all of the dead folliage back in November. But, my green-thumbed-blog-buddy dyln assured me I had done the right thing.
So, I had to look twice to make sure I hadn't imagined these little purple and green sprouts along the side of the house. It really spoke to me. Sometimes we go through cold and gloomy seasons in our lives and we try to get rid of the things that are holding us back. Then we pray. Then we wait. Sometimes we wait so long that we almost lose hope. Which really is silly. Doesn't the Spring come every year? Doesn't the Sun rise every morning? The Psalms say, "..be strong, and let your heart take courage; Wait for the Lord!"(27:14) He is faithful. I am the one who doubts and wonders if my prayers will be answered. But He is showing me he hears me. Yes, I think God is speaking to me through my Hostas, as he does through all His creation. He is saying
"I am making everything new." Revelation 21:5 Even my tiny faith. Even my hope.

3 comments:

dlyn said...

Yay! They will be looking great in no time.

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Good word sista! I am claiming that too! Thanks for sharing...

Flea said...

Oh hurrah! I want hostas!