Friday, March 28, 2008

FBF5


OK, when you are done laughing, listen up. There is a good chance my sister may never speak to me again after posting this, so I hope you all realize how much I am putting myself out there with this FBF shot!
Aren't we cute? I am the one with the saxophone, if you couldn't tell. Notice anything funny about my uniform? OK, beside the fact that it is a red, white, and blue polyester band unform, smarties! Yep, my hat. It is on backward. Let's hope I didn't march like that! And aren't those gloves attractive with the fingers cut out? Being a woodwind player is rough when it's cold. Too bad you can't see the white band shoes in this shot! (OR the overlay with the confederate flag on it!)
I actually remember this day vividly. We had just marched at the UIL marching band competition at Westlake HS in Austin, TX. I am pretty sure it was my senior year and my sister's sophomore year. We did an entire program to the music of John Williams. (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.)
You know, I wouldn't want to wear that uniform again, but if it meant fitting back into those pants? Hmmmm.....

7 comments:

Flea said...

You fit back in those pants and you can call them retro Michael Jackson.

Georgia Helmrick said...

OK, I totally spit on the keyboard in a gush of laughter when this picture popped up. I adore FBF, but now I'm a little scared.

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Love It!!! I did laugh though...just keeping it real! LOL

Rachael said...

Oh that is a great one!!!! I love it! Thanks for the laugh!

The Brown Family said...

This is my favorite Flashback Friday moment!!!!! I've been to Westlake!!

Stephanie said...

This is hysterical. We all have our bad moments from high school, so don't worry about looking foolish. Praises that you still don't dress like this.

Weezee said...

Nice uniforms! I lived in Austin for 3 years back in the 80's. Nice place!
Thanks for visiting my blog Lori. My dog children are beautiful.:) I am so objective. Hope you will visit again.