Friday, April 11, 2008

Don't try this...


...at home, or anywhere else for that matter! Flashback Friday has been postponed to bring you Food Safety Friday. How does one get themselves a fashionable bracelet such as this? OK, but I am warning you.....
Well, first you have to make dinner for your family. Next you have to put the knife you used down in your sink so that your child cannot reach up and grab it. Then you should sit at the table and enjoy food and conversation with your loved ones. When dinner is over and your husband takes the offspring upstairs for some rough-housing and then a bath, load what you can into the dishwasher and then begin to wash by hand. IMPORTANT: You have to load everything into the sink and hide the knife from yourself, pump sufficient soap and fill with hot water. When you are almost done, be sure to scrub the whisk you used well. With sufficient pressure, the brush head will detach from your dish wand and your had will go driving down into the soapy water, cutting your finger. OH, and that hollow thud you hear? That'll be the knife knocking against the bone.
Now, you will want to shriek, yell your husband's name and apply pressure. In that order. (At least that is how I did it) Then you will want to have your mate bring you your shoes, grab your purse with ID and insurance card and head to the nearest walk-in clinic. Don't forget the offspring. We got there 5 minutes before they closed. Whew! The Novocaine will sting and the tetanus shot won't be fun, but you really don't feel the 7 stitches.
And that's how it is done. What? You say I could have just bought some gauze at CVS and done it myself? Great. Now I am just embarrassed.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh Lori....I cringed throughout the whole story! OUCH! That does not look fun! Good thing you made it to the quick care in time! Now you can sit back and let Rudy pamper you!

Flea said...

I dunno - CVS gauze and stitching yourself vs. walk in clinic and novacaine - it's a toss up. Take care of that hand, girl.

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Ohhh Lori...I'm so sorry! Let me know if we can do anything. I did love the story though...although I did flinch and grab cover my mouth when I read the bone knocking part...Ouch!!!

dlyn said...

Good golly - that made me feel all oogy. Hope it heals up quick.
And I tagged you on my blog this morning :)

Lori said...

Flea- hee-hee! What I meant by doing it myself was that I could have just bought gauze and made a bracelet,avoiding cutting myself in the first place.

Georgia Helmrick said...

OMG that story completely creeped me out. But I laughed at the same time with your unique humor. It's great that you can make fun of yourself. I hope Aron wasn't too freaked.

Weezee said...

oh owwy! I have done stuff like too. Once while coring a tomato I also cored my left palm. Yup off to the ER where they stiched me while my loving husband looked on and jeered at me. Course he had to do the dishes for 2 weeks so I figure that was revenge. :)