He asked me if he could read my Bible and I said, "Sure." I told him that the Bible is a book that has lots of smaller books inside. "Cool", he said. I read to him a little from Psalms and told him that David was a king who loved God and wanted to thank him by singing and praying. I asked him, "What do you want to pray and thank God for?" He stood up on the kitchen chair, folded his hands together and looked around. Then he prayed:
Thank you for Easter
and thank you for my flowers that Daddy branged for my Mommy.
Thank you for the house and the plates
and thank you for my Mammaw.
And Amen.
I was truly blessed by a late quiet-time today. My son taught me to thank God for everything and to do it simply and from the heart. And Amen!
4 comments:
how sweet. You can tell Aron he will learn all about David and Goliath in May.
AWESOME!!! So true...we should all learn a lesson here.
Aaawww! There's nothing quite like it. The heart of a child. :)
So sweet! I love listening to Alexis's prayers. She kept praying that Tawny (our dog) would gain her strength...after a few weeks of this I asked her what was wrong with Tawny...there was nothing wrong with her which made it so funny!
Post a Comment