Friday, April 04, 2008

FBF6

So my friend Rachael decided to do FBF Prom style. Well, I couldn't let her do it alone! You should join us! It's scary-fun!
Anywho, here I am in all my 17-year-old-junior-prom-glory. Was I really that thin? And I had no business wearing that dress. I didn't have the body to keep the top up! And where was the self-tanner when you needed it? Did they not have that back in 1993? Somebody should have drug me to the tanning salon. Or at least suggested a different color dress. But, I probably would not have listened.
Junior prom brings back some funny memories. Like the fact that my date picked me up in an RV. Yes, an RV. His uncle was driving it. What were my parents thinking letting me go to prom in an RV?I was the only one with a curfew, though, so I suppose they were smart in that sense. My friend Brandie and I tasted escargot at the restaurant we went to. Then we excused ourselves to the restroom to go and spit it out. Yes, we were so classy!
We were standing on the stairs in the home of a girl named Kelly that I had never met before. She was the date of my date's best friend. But who cared! It was prom and we were excited to be all dressed up and cruising Austin in an RV! No romance between me and Shawn here. He was just a fun guy from my Spanish class and that was it. Good times!

10 comments:

Rachael said...

He's cute! I love this picture...sounds like fun. You look gorgeous in this picture! (and still do)

Stephanie said...

I don't think the dress is bad at all, and I can't get over how young you look...like 14!

Lori said...

I should probably note that we were not the only people in the RV. There were 3 or 4 other couples.

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

lol...well, you look great! Thanks for sharing!!!

Flea said...

Number one: Escargot is GOOD!
Number two: I wondered why that girl looked so much like you.
Number three: An RV? Oh my word!
Number four: 1993? You are so YOUNG!!!

Lori said...

Flea,
You know I am usually the most open-minded person with food. I love all kinds of things, but Escargot reminded me of salty, discarded bubble gum! Sorry! And after all of the snails I have seen lately while digging in my flower beds....I doubt I'll give it a second chance. But, hey! More for everyone else!

The Brown Family said...

Lori, I love the dress and I can't believe you drove around Austin in a RV! But who am I to talk, I cinched my jeans and listened to NKOTB.

Georgia Helmrick said...

Oh, how I love FBF. Yes, you were that thin, and the transition happened almost overnight. I went to my junior prom in my date's parents' station wagon. And my dress was "electric blue" taffeta, full-length with a petticoat under it. There, feel better?

Flea said...

Lori, I have not read The Shack. I'm not familiar with it at all. Wait, I think I might have seen it on Jan's blog, janparrish.blogspot.com (I think that's her web address. But that's it. What is it about?

Anonymous said...

This may be my favorite FBF yet! I love the sweetheart neckline! I think you look fabulous! Can't wait to see you...only 10 days!

Casey