Friday, February 01, 2008

FBF1


Welcome to my first Flashback Friday! I figured I'd go waaaaaaaayyyyyy back. Well, about 12 years, anyway. I don't have the guts or the money for therapy to go all the way back to High School or anything.

Well, here we are. A young Rudy and Lori at the very beginning. I believe this picture was taken in the late summer/early fall of 1996. Remember those mall photo booths? Not like the digital ones they have now. You had to sit there and wait for it to print and dry. This brings back so many memories of Austin! Rudy is wearing his Spaghetti Wearhouse Oxford and I am wearing the long-sleved denim shirt that was part of my Canyon Cafe uniform. Ah, the full-service restaurant days.
It was young love. I wasn't even 21 in this picture! We had just started dating that July and would be engaged by November. We had no idea what the future held for us. It's been a long, bumpy road between then and now, but we are happier and wiser for it all. I am so blessed to have been partnered with such a wonderful person. God has brought us to a good place and I cannot imagine life any other way!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh I love it! I loved those booths! You guys look like babies in these pictures! How fun!

The Brown Family said...

Great Pictures! I can't believe how young y'all are.

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Love it!!! What great memories...those booths are always fun!

Georgia Helmrick said...

You're getting pretty fancy with your blog! Pretty cool that those pics have made it with you through all the years and moves. You are a valuable example of "for better or worse". Thank God for you!