Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Well, if it has to be cold.....






Top to Bottom: the view from my front door this morning, Aron snacking on snow, my pathetic attempt at a snowman






You know, coming back from Texas this week was hard. Of course, it's home and we have family there and all that. But this time, it was the WEATHER that had me looking at my boarding pass and wondering if we really had to leave. It was sunny and 75 degrees in San Antonio. There were cyclamen and snapdragons blooming in the pots along the downtown streets and above the river. It was like May!
Well, we are not so lucky here in Tennessee. It is cold. Of course, I think anything below 60 is cold, so I'm not likely to be happy until May. Last night we had a cold front that came in, dragging an icy mess with it. But this morning: snow! It isn't much, but it is pretty and if it has to be cold, it is nice to have the white stuff for entertainment.
All Aron wanted to do was eat it. I told him he needed to quit eating the snow. He said, "But I'm hungry." I attempted to make a little snow man for him. And by little, I mean miniscule. He might be 10 inches tall. I placed my coffee mug next to him for scale. I think he's pretty cute, despite being horizontally challenged.
Hope that whatever your weather is, you are making the best of it. We're sure gonna try!

No comments: