Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Star Trip 08

Here's Aron enjoying what Westin refers to as the "Heavenly Bed"!

Casey, Aron and I ....and the "light saver" Casey bought him.

Rudy and I at the big party!

Jason's deli's annual meeting and awards dinner is referred to as the Star Trip. I haven't been able to attend one since Aron was born, so it was a real treat for me to go along this year! The festivities were held in downtown San Antonio and it was a great time.

We were able to spend a little time down on the riverwalk and enjoyed gorgeous 75 degree weather and real Mexican food! (Sigh) One of Aron's favorite parts of traveling is the hotel room. He is so funny about it. He walks in and looks around. When we checked into our room on Friday he emphatically announced, " (Gasp) we have a new hotel!" Well, I like the Westin, too, son, but don't get used to it!

My dear friend Casey helped us out big-time by keeping Aron for us while we attended the scheduled events. Aron had a blast with her in the evenings, riding the riverboats, going out to dinner and somehow conning her into buying toys and trinkets! He told me just yesterday, " Mommy, I weely miss Casey." I bet, buddy! But it really is so wonderful to have him bond with someone I love and trust!




5 comments:

Rachael said...

You guys look great! "I am so bummed that we never made it to San Antonio when we lived in Austin! One day we will have to go back!

Stephanie said...

This does look like one comfy bed. You and Rudy look spectacular!

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Awesome pics!!! Glad you had such a good time! What a treat!!!

Lori said...

Stephanie,
The bed WAS comfy! The Westin has a catalog in the room through which you can buy anything in the room, including the bed! Don't ask me how much it costs. I don't want to repeat it!

The Brown Family said...

I love the dress! You look wonderful!!!!