Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow Day Fun

Aron and Jackson

Morgan and Keegan, too


My bigger, but not much better, snowman!

It really cracks me up what kind of weather leads to a snow-day around here. I just know people up in Montana are rolling their eyes at us! But, I guess the canceling school is more about the ice on the roads than the 1/8 inch of snow on the ground that is almost melted now at 11:15am. That being said, the snow-day brought Aron and I lots of friends to play with and we had a blast out in the yard. Aron chased Morgan and Keegan around with snowballs and Jackson followed me around asking "why?" in regards to everything I did. When I asked, "Do you guys want to make a snowman?" I thought their positive replies and enthusiasm meant they'd help. I thought wrong. I rolled those snowballs all by my lonesome and only had company toward the end, when most of the work had been done. It takes a long time to make a basketball sized ball of snow when there isn't much on the ground to begin with. But, I persevered. I'll say it was for the kids, but I secretly just wanted to out-do my last one.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

They are getting better!
That is funny that got you a snow day!

Stephanie said...

how fun. next time I will come over and help. one of my neighbors had out a snow mobile..yea, like they were going to get somewhere on that.

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Love the snowman!!! Keep up the good work.

The Brown Family said...

You had a house full but it looks like y'all had a ton of fun!