Wow, July. When did that happen? This Summer is zooming by! Here's our view as of yesterday:

The lawn is starting to show the effects of the heat, even though we have had some good rain.
Here's a closer look at our Crepe Myrtles along the driveway. They need a serious haircut, but we had so many other lawn projects this Spring, I didn't get around to them.
The back yard. These trees are something else. They didn't fill out like this last year. (We had a late freeze in April followed by a near-draught summer) Which is why I thought my garden would get more sun than it actually does....
It is growing, but I am not sure if I'll ever see fruit. The tomatoes have plenty of blooms, and the sqash and eggplant do as well. My jalapeno was apparently irresistible to some sort of but, and only has one leaf left on it. Sad, sad, sad. I'll let you know when the "harvest" takes place. Should be comical to see how much I actually reap from all this effort!
4 comments:
We have a TON of tomatoes but most of them split before they are completely ripe! But they are good!
It is so pretty there Lori - I love Crape Myrtles but they won't grow u here in the north. Thanks for updating!
Our tomatoes are just beginning to ripen. As are our peppers. But something killed the squash and is eating my rose bush!
Isn't it nice to wake up in the morning and have a view of a pretty green yard? I too had some trees that really bloomed this year that did not last year due to the freeze. I wish you well with your garden, I did not do one this year but I have in the past, and it is WORK!! but it is fun to see your efforts come to fruition.
Post a Comment