The Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory and the 120ft steel bat...COOL!
I love that we can just hop in the car and tag along with Rudy on his trips to Louisville. He loves it, too. Really! Mostly because I drive and he works on his laptop for 3 hours. It makes his day easier and I love driving, so it doesn't bother me one bit.Aron is such a good traveler, too. He slept half of the drive and watched 101 Dalmatians and we were here. It is fun to play in another town and Louisville has lots to do. Since Aron started T-ball this month, he is all about baseball. (We even sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at bedtime!) So, I thought this trip was the perfect time to visit the Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum. I love any place that offers free admission for kids under 5! HELLO! Finally, somebody 'get's it'! We toured the actual factory where the commercial and MLB bats are made and at the end of the tour we received our very own souvenir mini bat! In the museum, they have one of Babe Ruth's bats displayed and you can see the actual notches he carved for each homerun he it with the bat (21) until it cracked. Very Americana. I loved it and so did Aron. I didn't bring the USB cable so I can't post the pics I took, but those will be up soon.
Hope your Friday has been just as happy!

6 comments:
That is so COOL! And I LOVE road trips! Now if the price of gas would just go down ...
Oh, I know! The gas thing is just nuts! This is why we 'tag along' on these business trips. He's going to drive up here anyway and he is reimbursed for the mileage. AND we take my car, which gets better mpg, so everybody wins!
I don't blame y'all. Smart move! And you get to spend time together!
Did you see the bovines? They're at Mental P's! Are they coming to your house next?
So cool...I wanna go!!!
Ya'll have fun!!! Take lots of pics!
Hey Lori!
Great to hear from you!
I'm so glad you are all are doing well. I miss the Parker Lane bunch. Those were great times.
You kiddo looks like a beaut!
Jennice and I have three kids, 4, 3, and 7 mos.
Tell Rudy hi!
OK Lori - now it's my turn to say...I can't believe you came to KY and didn't tell us! : )
I'm glad you had fun, the next time you come to Louisville let us know.
Post a Comment