Friday, May 30, 2008

Another FBF (#8)


This FBF is brought to you by the encouragement of my dear cousin, Georgia. I think if I let another Friday pass without posting photos from my past, she might stop reading my blog. Apparently, she thrives on my embarassment. (Just joking, G!)
Since we're going to head out and go swimming with some friends today, this shot of me in the pool around 1977 just spoke to me. We lived in AZ at the time and my grandparents had come for a visit. No, I don't actually remember this experience but that's my Grandaddy sitting there behind me in his kickin' red jumpsuit and black socks.
So, to thank Georgia for her encouragement and inspiration, I wanted to share with you all this shot:
See, I have always looked up to her and she's always been there for me.
(She is giving me a bottle) Apparently since July of 1976 according to the back of the photo:
Thanks, G. You're the greatest!
And you were cute, too! (still are.)

7 comments:

Georgia Helmrick said...

Wellllll, I'm speechless. A whole FBF, just for me! I guess as I get older, memories become more precious, which is why I cherish FBF. I wish my legs were as skinny as they were when I was 8. And I wonder what we were watching on t.v. while I was so attentively giving you that bottle? Probably The Price is Right. I think you're pretty cool yourself, prima.

The Brown Family said...

I love it!!! Great photos!

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Great pics Lori!!!

Flea said...

Girl, I was ten in 1977. Cute pictures. :)

Stephanie said...

who is that hot chick in the bathing suit :) Thanks for sharing your blast from the past pics.

Rachael said...

I wish they still printed the dates like that on the back of the picture...or do they?
Cute pictures! Love the red jump suit!

The Allans said...

I love the Flash Back Fridays. I may have to start FBF on our Blog too.