Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lets think...we were made to do THAT, too!


When I heard about this film, I just about stood and applauded. Which would have been silly as I was folding laundry on the couch, alone. But the point is, I think it is a great thing and cannot wait to see it!
Now, hear me out: I believe that God created us. His perfect design has purpose and it works. Now, of course there are times that things go wrong and I am so thankful that God has placed my life in an era when medical help is everywhere. But, I believe that pregnancy and birth were part of his plan for us as women. A normal, healthy pregnancy is not a "condition" or a "disease" to be treated. It is a beautiful, natural process that we go through.
I think we have all heard the idea of a 'second opinion' when it comes to almost any health issue. But, if you have ever had a baby, you might find that there are very few varying opinions out there. It is our job to educate ourselves on any health issue we face. So I encourage anyone out there who is having a child or considering it to check this out. I sure wish I had done a little more educating before my experience.
If you want even more info check out this book: The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I obviously 1000000000% agree with you on this post. My sister went to the premier in LA and LOVED IT! I was going to go last weekend but Hannah Montana was at the MGM and this was being shown at UNLV and I figured it would take me 2 hours just to get there. I will definitely buy the video when it comes out.