Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful.

I have about 6 minutes left of this Thanksgiving Day to post this, not that anyone will read it by then, but I'll feel better having made it under the wire. What a busy day of cooking and visiting and eating and lounging....hope your's was good, too. Here's my list of things I am thankful for as I reflect back on this Thanksgiving:

1. My Husband...he's such a wonderful man and the best father I could ask for to Aron.
2. My son...he makes my insides smile.
3. My family, they make me feel at home.
4. The tiny baby growing in my sister's belly who will make me a biological aunt for the first time!
5. My best friend...whom I am watching experience something she has waited a long time for and who is sharing the joy of it with me.
6. Creation...something about being out here in the country, maybe the quiet, maybe the breezes, surely the sunsets are reminding me whose hand it was that made all of this.
7. My football team! They won and we rock! Hook 'Em!
8. Laughter. We shared so much of it today.
9. Community...what that truly means and that I have been blessed to have learned to be a part of one.
10. The love and grace, forgivness and peace, and the hope that Christ has given me, without which life would be unbearable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so blessed that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with you, Rudy, Aron and your family. I love you guys very much!


Casey

Rachael said...

I love how you said Aron makes your insides smile. So many times I look at Eli doing something and my insides get all tingly-I think I will use your term from now on!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Georgia Helmrick said...

Will says he likes to rub my kisses into his lips so they will go to his heart and be with him forever. Aren't we sooo lucky to have these boys? Your "thankful" list was very moving. You have a real gift for seeing the good in all things.