
I went yesterday. Got my sticker and everything. Early voting rocks! Look up your county's voter registration info on-line and go do it!
Some people may not be decided yet, but for me it is less about the person and more about the issues. I don't care if he's cool or what color his tie is. I care about the values of the candidate. Their voting record and their morals.
There are some basic things that have to be black and white, in my opinion. Like life and death, for example.
I heard a speaker today say that "We live in a culture in which it is wrong to say that things are wrong. And that's wrong!" He's a pastor at a church in D.C. and I can only imagine how much he experiences this on a daily basis.
People don't like to say or hear that what someone else is doing is not OK. They think, "Well, that's not OK for me, but it is OK for them." Where in the world is this going to get us? Is this really what we want to teach our children? This grey, mushy, vague system of right and wrong?
Not me. I am not saying that there isn't room for grace and acceptance, because if there weren't, there would be no room for me. But, I am saying that I have to stand up for my beliefs. For the absolute truths that God has given us.
And that's why I voted.
3 comments:
Sweet! You can vote early? Yay! I'm going to look it up. And I know how you vooooted! :)
Well, I wasn't exactly trying to hide it...
You go girl!! Right on! Buster and I were talking about voting early, but have not done it yet. But we will vote!
Post a Comment