Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sugar and Spice

My little sis is having a baby this summer and it's a girl! I am beside-myself-excited to be an aunt...and to buy little pink things! My mom, aunt Paula, cousin Georgia and I gave Cris a shower yesterday (along with the help of my very own BFF Casey-love you, girl!) and I think it went really well.



We had a good crowd and there was plenty of "Ooooh"-ing and "Ahhhhh"-ing going on. It was wonderful to meet my sister's friends and the community of women whom she will share the adventures of motherhood with. It will be hard for me to be so far away!

Anywho, doesn't my sis look so cute in all her glowy-ness?!











Here we are together. People still say we look alike, which makes me smile.




Here she is opening my special gift to her. A cowgirl themed quilt that my sweet friend Carol made. (I do not possess such talents so I befriend and commission people who do!)


The shower was the purpose of my trip and though I have the rest of the week yet left to enjoy here in my homestate of Texas, I know it will be the highlight of it!

5 comments:

Flea said...

What an adorable quilt! You and your sister look so much alike. :) Glad you're having a great time in Texas!

wilsonfamily said...

It's so good to see pics. of your mom and sister. Your sister is all grown up now-wow! Are you down in Austin? How long will you be there? I was just asking since we will be coming that way for Easter. I'm still holding out hope that one day we will be able to see each other again. ;)

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Ahhh. so cute! And you do look alike. Enjoy your time there...see you soon!

Anonymous said...

The shower was great! I am so glad I was able to share in the joy of showering Cristi & welcoming Baby June!
Thank you for allowing me to be an honorary member of the fam for the day!

Casey

Georgia Helmrick said...

You and Cristi clearly inherited the looks in the family! It was a special weekend for me, and great to finally meet Casey!