Monday, February 09, 2009

A Friend


I knew I wanted to post about my sweet friend Marcy. And I knew there was a verse that spoke the sentiment of my heart right now. But, I am horrible with Bible addresses. I remember the phrase, and sometimes the book, but the chapter and verse are hard for me to make stick in my memory. Thank you, Lord, for on-line concordances! I knew it was in Proverbs and when I saw the numbers I had to stop and smile. See, 17 is my favorite number and the verse I was recalling is Proverbs 17:17,

" A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity."

There are a handful of people that God has put on my path that I know almost immediately will be in my life for the long haul. And invariably He has brought us together and then separated us by long distances. Yet, each of these special friendships has endured and even strengthened despite the miles between us.
Last year we signed up Aron for T-ball. I though it would be a great way for him to get some exercise, learn a team sport and get to know some other people in our community. Marcy had registered her daughter, Trinity, and volunteered to be the team's coach. When we first met, Marcy was so shy, but the more we talked, the more we had in common. Marcy was from Texas, but moved here via Las Vegas. I said, "Wait a minute! That's my story!" We soon discovered that we had lived less than a mile apart while in Las Vegas and that Aron and Trinity were born just two days apart!
Our new and fast friendship was sweetened by the fact that our two kiddos adored one-another. As Forrest Gump would say, they "was like peas and carrots." See what I mean.
So, once again I find myself preparing to say goodbye to someone I have really connected with. She has been a Proverbial loving friend at all times, but better than that she is like a sister, born into my life at just the right time. She has supported me and prayed with me. She's made me laugh out loud and been a comfort just by being in the same room.
I love you, Marcy and I will be praying for you and your family as you return to Las Vegas. I know that our friendship will continue for many, many years and I look forward to hearing about what God has waiting for you out west!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that Marcy and her family are leaving TN. It has been a comfort to me as a friend far away that you had someone so great to be there in the times that I couldn't. She is so sweet and Trinity is doll. I know they will truly be missed. Give them a hug for me! Now we have more people to visit if we ever make a trip back West!

Casey

The Brown Family said...

I didn't know. I am praying for you!!!!!

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Lori...I know exactly what you mean in this post...it speaks the volumes of my heart at this exact moment...there is difference between an aquaintances and true friends. I am finding more and more how true this is.
I am sad for you that Marcy is leaving...I know how much she has meant to your family! But know that you are not really saying goodbye...she will always be a phone call away!
Love ya lady!!!