Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer Confessions

Ever since our trip to the beach, I have been in total lazy-summer-beach-bum-care-free mode. I hang out in my PJ's a lot longer than I care to admit, getting dressed often involves going straight from PJ's to bathing suit and I haven't worn make-up since Sunday. I love it! It makes me think of the summers of my past. Back when Summers was my last name!
Maybe it's all the vitamin D flowing through my veins thanks to all of the time in the sun. Maybe it's the longer day-light hours or even the smell of cut grass in the air. Or maybe it's because I had this for breakfast this morning:

Hey! You need to re-visit your childhood once in a while. There's only so much Kashi and yogurt a girl can eat, you know. I still had my coffee, so I felt like a grown up. A little.
OK, time to ditch the robe and put on my bathing suit. Gonna fill up the blow-up pool and let Jackson and Aron splash around in the pool.
Maybe I'll read a magazine or paint my nails.
After I fold the laundry and wash the coffee pot and empty the dishwasher. Sigh. Well, it was fun while it lasted.



5 comments:

Rachael said...

I wish my summers could be so relaxing! Unfortunately that is our busy time. I would love to hang out in the pool all day! One day!
And I loved your breakfast!

The Brown Family said...

That is what I had for breakfast today, yesterday and the day before that. I think I might have it tomorrow too!!!!

Georgia Helmrick said...

I can still sing the jingle. "A is for apple, j is for jacks, cinnamon-toasty apple jacks. You need a good breakfast, that's a fact! Start it out with apple jacks!" Or something like that. And you get this nice orangey milk to drink out of your bowl when you're done. Yum-a-licious.

Flea said...

Mmmm! I had warm Krispy Kreme donuts this morning!

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Love the breakfast!!! I might have to have some too!